Technology giant IBM is telling all their staff to use Firefox as their default browser. IBM said that Firefox is now the gold standard for what an open, secure, and standards-compliant browser should be.
Bob Sutor, Vice President of Open Source and Linux at IBM adds:
- Firefox is stunningly standards compliant, and interoperability via open standards is key to IBM’s strategy.
- Firefox is open source and its development schedule is managed by a development community not beholden to one commercial entity.
- Firefox is secure and an international community of experts continues to develop and maintain it.
- Firefox is extensible and can be customized for particular applications and organizations, like IBM.
- Firefox is innovative and has forced the hand of browsers that came before and after it to add and improve speed and function.