According to the poster on Chinese Forum, WeiPhone, the 15-inch MacBook Pro will not have the thin enclosure as for MacBook Air. The new MBP will have either 2.3GHz, 2.5GHz or 2.7GHz Ivy Bridge processors, a Nvidia’s GeForce GT 650M graphics card with 1GB GDDR5 graphics memory and no Retina Display.
So looks like in today’s WDDC 2012, Apple will announce a new MBP 15 inch which has the same look as the last version.
Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference will be on June 11 in San Francisco. Here is what we think Apple will reveal for WDDC 2012 on Monday:
- Thinner MacBook Pro 15 inch. More info about this below.
- Refreshed MacBook Air with retina display.
- iMac, Mac Pro and Mac Mini upgrades with Intel Ivy Bridge.
- Apple TV.
- iOS 6 without Google Map and replaced with Apple 3D Map.
The rumour of Apple releasing a new thinner MacBook Pro running Intel Ivy Bridge chipset is now more concrete with these leak specifications for 15 inch MBP:
- 0.74 inches thick and weighing 4.7 pounds (almost as thin as MacBook Air)
- four USB 3.0 ports
- 2560×1600 high-resolution Retina
- 16GB of 1600MHz DD3 RAM
- 750GB of hard disk drive space
- AMD Radeon HD 7770M graphics processor
- FaceTime HD camera
- Thunderbolt port
- Bluetooth 4.0
- SDXC card slot
- FireWire and Ethernet port.