Apple’s hardware designer Jony Ive is currently working on iOS 7 and he is said to be planning a simpler UI which is black, white, and flat all over. No more faux backgrounds. Therefore, no more linen and leather-type backgrounds in the notifications area, calendar and in other apps.
Apple is looking to enhance AppleCare for iPhone, iPad, and iPod repairs. Apple employees will now attempt to repair the devices themselves and return a customer’s fixed-up device to him or her. This is done instead of exchanging with a new product. These in-house repairs will reportedly allow Apple to save approximately $1 billion each year. Apple is also rumoured to extending its free phone support for Apple devices from its current policy of 90 days to one year
Apple released a small iOS update for iPhone 5 bring it to version 6.1.4. The small, 11.5MB file updated the audio profile for speakerphone.
Apple is launching WDDC 2013 at San Francisco’s Moscone West from June 10 for five days. The event will feature more than 100 technical sessions presented by more than 1,000 Apple engineers. Tickets for this year’s conference will go on sale Thursday, April 25, at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern.
The full list of activities at the 2013 conference:
- More than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies
- More than 1,000 Apple engineers supporting over 100 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps
- The latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X, and how to enhance an app’s functionality, performance, quality and design
- The opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world—last year more than 60 countries were represented
- Engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone, iPad and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design
With a new female CEO from Google, Yahoo is spending more money into developing mobile apps as people spend more time consuming content on smartphones and tablets. The latest Yahoo Weather iPhone app looks quite good with the ability to show Flickr photo of weather locations. Although iPhone already has a default Yahoo default app, the standalone new app from Yahoo looks better with improved UI and functionality. Check it out and download on iTunes Store for free.
Apple verified that a user’s conversations with Siri are stored for up to two years. When a user inputs voice commands to Siri, the data is uploaded and stored by Apple for analysis. The user is then assigned a random number, which means data is untraceable to the original users.
Are you concern that your voice data is kept by Apple?
Apple and Samsung confirms they are developing a wearable digital device similar to a wrist watch. Now Microsoft also want to be thrown in the mix by announcing the same. Microsoft says it is working on a touch enabled watch, that is likely to channel features found on Windows Phone 8.
Previously reported, Samsung has “been preparing the watch product for so long” before the rumour of rival iWatch from Apple. The Samsung wearable device will perform many of the tasks of a smartphone.
Apple has previously abandon updating their Mac Pro range of computers after several updates to MacBook Pro, iMacs and MacBook Air. We now have news that Apple will be rolling out a refreshed line of Mac Pros some time in April. Apple has already stop selling Mac Pro in Europe.
Apple reportedly closing in on deal with Warner And Universal labels for ‘iRadio’ service next week. Apple will also need to get major label Sony on board too. Apple’s iRadio is rumoured to be better for the labels compared to rivals such as Pandora. Apple plans to leverage the iTunes user base to drive further revenue for record companies signed up for iRadio.
Apple is set for summer launch of iPhone 5S and production starts over the next three months. The next version of iOS 7 is also expected to appear around mid-year.
It is rumoured that iOS 7 is running behind schedule and that as a result Apple is hauling resources from its OS X development team.