A federal agency ruled that a set of important features commonly found on iPhone are protected by Apple patent. The Apple patent in question relates to data detection and the ability to tap on a phone number or address contained in an email to immediately call the number or find the address on a map. T
The implication is an import ban on HTC and this decision could force changes in how Google’s Android phones function.
From Steve Jobs Bio: In his belief that Google had improperly copied many of the iPhone’s innovations with Android and he was going to “destroy Android, because it’s a stolen product.”
Verizon Wireless will begin selling the new HTC Rhyme smartphone for $200 on September 29.
Is this device geared towards women? The smartphone has a purple shade, a “charm” accessory that acts as a visual notification of an incoming call or message, and a cleaner version of its Sense user interface.
The phone will come with three colour choices, Clearwater, Hourglass and Plum. Features Android 2.3, 1GHz processor, 3.7-in. LCD display, high-quality stereo sound and two cameras, including 5-megapixel rear-facing camera.
An International Trade Commission judge made the ruling that Taiwanese handset maker HTC Corp infringed on two of Apple’s patents. These patents are related to “system and method for performing an action on a structure in a computer” and a “real-time signal processing system for serially transmitted data.”
Apple is suing Taiwanese phone maker HTC over iPhone related patents from a legal standpoint. The phones are Nexus One, Touch Pro 2 and other HTC phones that run Google’s Android OS.
The patents are:
- 5481721: Method for Providing Automatic and Dynamic Translation of Object Oriented Programming Language-Based Message Passing Into Operating System Message Passing Using Proxy Objects
- 5519867: Object-Oriented Multitasking System
- 6275983: Object-Oriented Operating System
- 5566337: Method and Apparatus for Distributing Events in an Operating System
- 5929852: Encapsulated Network Entity Reference of a Network Component System
- 5946647: System and Method for Performing an Action on a Structure in Computer-Generated Data
- 5969705: Message Protocol for Controlling a User Interface from an Inactive Application Program
- 6343263: Real-Time Signal Processing System for Serially Transmitted Data
- 5915131: Method and Apparatus for Handling I/O Requests Utilizing Separate Programming Interfaces to Access Separate I/O Services
- RE39486: Extensible, Replaceable Network Component Systems
HTC has released the world first 4G with WiMAX smartphone HTC MAX 4G for Russian carrier Scartel. Hardware is similar to HTC Touch HD and features a 3.8-inch WVGA touchscreen, 5-megapixel camera and runs Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional with the TouchFLO 3D GUI.
The smart 113.5mm X 63.1mm X 13.9mm phone also has GPS, uses Tri-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE:900/1800/1900 MHz, WiFi b/g, Bluetooth, an accelerometer, FM radio and a Qualcomm ESM7206A™ 528 MHz CPU.
HTC has launched their 3G Windows Mobile smartphone Touch Diamond phone running Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional and it has a touch screen for one hand use. The Touch Diamond includes customized applications for watching YouTube videos and using Google Maps for map and traffic data. The handset has a GPS receiver. This is supposed to be the iPhone killer. Check out the specs after the jump.
HTC will be showing off their Windows Mobile smartphone Touch Diamond phone May 6. This is supposed to be the iPhone killer. Well we will see. Check out the specs after the jump.