Google’s Youtube has released official YouTube app for Apple iOS devices such as iPad and iPhone. Google is doing this to counter the lost of YouTube app when Apple releases iOS 6. You can download it here.
The YouTube app features:
- Enjoy YouTube’s vast video catalog, including official music videos
- Find videos and channels more easily with voice search and query autocomplete
- Subscribe to channels and instantly access your subscriptions with the channel guide UI
- Read comments, browse related videos, enable subtitles and more – all while watching
- Easy video sharing to Google+, E-mail, Facebook and Twitter
Apple is on the verge of launching new iPhone and iOS 6 next week.
We all know Apple will get rid of Google Map when iOS 6 comes out for iPhone and iPad. But the latest announcement is that the Google YouTube app will also no longer be supported.
Apple said its license to include YouTube in iOS had expired. And users can still access YouTube through Safari browser. And Google is making a new YouTube app that will be available in the App Store.
Although it is just another Safari wrapper for iOS devices, Google has release Chrome app for Apple iPad and iPhone. Goggle announced the release during the annual Google I/O conference in San Francisco.
This is one of our favourite browser on the desktop. The app is able to sync tabs and bookmarks between computers, Android devices, and now iOS devices. Other features are incognito mode for private browsing, save passwords, clear browser data from right within the app and more.
Apple has released a new standalone app for Podcast which is available for iOS devices running version 5.1 or later. It is a universal app for both iPad and iPhone.
Podcasts app is the easiest way to discover, subscribe to and play your favorite podcasts on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts from the Podcasts Catalog, and play the most popular podcasts, organized for you by topic, with the all-new Top Stations feature.
Microsoft have updated their iPhone app for XBox to include remote controller that simulates Xbox controller input, allowing you to control playback and navigate menus with ease.
Here is the full update details:
• Use your iPhone with your Xbox to connect, control and discover content on your console. Connect your iPhone for access to a quick list of your most recent console activity. Control your content with play, pause, fast forward and rewind media controls. Find fresh entertainment to play in the new Discover section.
• Improved Authentication to make it more stable
• Improved Authentication to make it more stable
• iPad high-resolution images
You can download the new version of the app at the iTunes App Store.
Apple is seeing the potential of millions of chinese using iPhone by adding Baidu search to the iPhones sold in China. Baidu is the largest search engine in China, handling approximately 80% of internet search queries. This partnership could boost business for both companies in that market.
In recent news, Apple is starting to move away from Google with the removal of Google Map from iOS 6.
Facebook today released a photo-sharing app which is like Instagram called Facebook Camera. The iOS app allows users to shoot, edit, filter, and share photos to Facebook without ever leaving the app.
Facebook Camera features posting multiple photos at a time, adding a caption, cropping, and applying one of 14 vintage-style filters. It will also allow users to browse friend’s photos, comment and tag photos and more.
Apple has released two iPhone Siri TV commercials with John Malkovich. The commercials are titled “Joke” and “Life”.
Google has just updated its Google+ iPhone app that features crisper fonts, larger profile pics and a friendlier home-screen. In addition, Google make the stream easier to scan and easier on the eyes, with overlays, gradients and other visual elements.
- Turn on Instant Upload to sync photos from your phone to a private Google+ album
- Video chat with up to 9 friends with mobile Hangouts in Messenger
- Chat with a friend or all your friends at once with Messenger
- Check out the What’s Hot stream to see trending topics
- View the Nearby stream to see what people near your location are saying
Download the app from iTunes here.
Apple updated iOS software today to new version, iOS 5.1.1. It is meant to fix a few minor bugs within the OS, affecting all iPads, iPhones 3GS, 4 and 4S, and third and fourth generations of the iPod Touch.
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase