Microsoft is one step ahead of Apple this time with the back to school promo. Microsoft is offering all students a free XBox 360 with the purchase of Windows 7 PC priced at $699 or higher. This promotion runs until September 3. Students will need a student ID card or an email address that ends in .edu and they will receive a free 4GB Xbox 360 video game console.
Acer will be pushing out three tablet options with two supporting Google’s Android OS and one running on Microsoft’s Windows 7. The Android tablets will be out in April 2011 and supports Flash, HDMI support, Wi-Fi and more. The Windows 7 version will be out earlier in February 2011.
Microsoft has for years did not care about Apple products until they have seen the wake of rising sales for Apple’s computer. Microsoft has launched a new Windows 7 campaign to take on Mac OS X. The software giant thought it is a great idea to add a PC vs Mac tab on their Windows 7 website.
Here is a summary what Microsoft came up with on their website:
- Having Fun. When it’s time to enjoy movies, games, and HDTV from anywhere in your home, PCs are ready to play.
- Simplicity. Intuitive, familiar, and easy to use, PCs do what you want: they just work.
- Working Hard. PCs are always ready, willing, and—most importantly—able to get down to business.
- Sharing. Whether you’re working or playing, PCs know how to help you get along with others.
- Compatibility. Most software is developed for PCs, and your PC will work with your music players, phones, cameras, and other devices.
- Choice. Pick a color you love. Midnight blue, espresso, or pink? PCs offer the most variety and options to match your style or price point.
Why not add Windows has loads of security issues and by the latest update you know what I am talking about. How can using Windows 7 be more simple? Pathetic attempt on Microsoft. Apple has gone far ahead Microsoft in the mobile and tablet arena. That is where Microsoft should spend their money and not on PC.
A newly published Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document on the Microsoft TechNet site indicates that Microsoft will release Windows 7 Service Pack 1 in 2011.
This is one of the Family Guy promoting Windows 7 video Microsoft has shelved but now you can watch it.
Check out Microsoft’s latest I’m A PC and Windows 7 Was My Idea ad campaign.
Amazon has announced during the Windows 7 launch that the company will release a Kindle app for the PC. The app will be free, multitouch capable on Windows 7 and it will be available in November. You can find out more features on their website.
Finally users can get rid of Windows Vista after Microsoft recently delivered the next generation Windows 7.
Microsoft new Windows 7 operating system will be available in retail shops next week and on all PC by October 22nd. Check out the review first before buying it or you could just buy a Mac withOS X Snow Leopard.
BumpTop provide you a 3D mulitouch desktop interface on Windows 7. It retails at $30. Check out the video for the features.